VMA Mission Statement
VMA Communications, Inc. conducts large scope, integrated communications programs for public agencies and private corporations. VMA possesses a wide-range of capabilities, utilizing professionals with experience in the public sector, journalism, and private industry. VMA has specific expertise in an array of markets, particularly ethnic communities, coordinating fully bilingual community events, media campaigns, and outreach campaigns.
VMA is a full-service bilingual/bicultural communications firm focused on developing increased community awareness and media exposure for our clients by providing professional, high-quality, creative communications services implemented to enhance quality of life in the communities we serve.
VMA was started in 1996 by President/CEO Valerie Martinez, who had worked for several years as a news reporter, as Chief Consultant to the California Latino Legislative Caucus for the State Legislature, and later as a partner in The LJ Group public relations firm. VMA is a full-service communications firm, focusing primarily on community outreach, publications, governmental affairs and media relations.Contact Us Today
California School News Report
VMA officially launched California School News Report as a means of highlighting successful programs at our public school districts to provide a steady flow of timely and diverse news items to local media, online readers and social media sites. California School News Report supports school district news that is accurate, complete and timely.
Specifically, California School News Report:
- Sends daily e-blasts about upcoming events to spark media coverage.
- Covers school events directly, providing media with ready-to-print news stories and high-resolution photos.
- Promotes school news via multiple social media platforms.
- Provides an archive of news stories and high-resolution photos about local districts.
- Creates easy-to-use issue tip sheets for journalists who may not have the background to cover California’s often complicated finance, accountability and testing systems.